- Provide cyber security remote scanning and remediation support, as necessary, to sites preparing for CCRIs.
- Provide the Program Management Office (PMO) with remote maintenance of base/site lists and Internet Protocol host counts.
- Maintain effective communications with other teams essential to ACAS operation (e.g., Base Boundary, I-NOSC Boundary, Server Consolidated Environment, ADX, ANG NCC-R/GSU-V, etc.).
- Support the reporting of compliance data via ACAS to the CMRS and ELICSAR.
- Facilitate, as necessary, the transition of ACAS Security Centers from SCE to the Air Force’s new virtual infrastructure; the Area Processing Centers (APCs).
- Assist with custom security policies.
- Perform systems analysis, design review, programming, documentation and implementation of complex system applications and related IT/ADP systems concepts.
- Participate in all phases of the software life cycle with emphasis on the planning, analysis, programming, testing, acceptance and installation phases.
- Assist in the installation/maintenance of configuration files, signatures and other such files necessary to add new vulnerability discovery capabilities into the ACAS system tool.
- Assist AF Cyber personnel in the implementation of the DISA Information Assurance and Vulnerability Management programs including vulnerability tracking and compliance reporting.
- Perform implementation of AFLCMC-released software patches, updates, and upgrades via TCTO.
- Support, on a limited basis, the patching and management of additional sysetms via Satellite Server.
- Accommodate, as necessary, PMO-led pilot programs of Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) and Passive Vulnerability Scanner on ACAS.
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 4 or newer
- Knowledge of data communications, local-area networking, wide-area networking, routers, switches, and firewalls
- Thorough understanding of Internet Protocol (IP) routing, switching and the OSI model
- 3 5 years of progressively responsible RHEL and/or ACAS support with experience in mid-to-large data center environments.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in:
- Advanced networking concepts, VLAN, trunking and port channel
- Demonstrated advanced diagnostics and troubleshooting abilities
- Disaster Recovery – expertise in risk reduction, Hot/Warm site DR architecture, high availability, planning for disaster situations
- Knowledge of data communications, local-area networking, wide-area networking, routers, and switches
- Network (Layer 2, 3) LAN/WAN knowledge and switches/routers
- Thorough understanding of Internet Protocol (IP) routing, switching, and the OSI model.
- Possess refined critical thinking skills, should be a self-starter, and multi-task capable.
- Approach work as diplomatic, adaptive to a dynamic environment, dependable and reliable.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related technical discipline, or MIS related field is preferred but not mandatory.
Required Certifications: Security+ or equivalent, completion of DISA ACAS or CMRS Course
Desired Certifications: Linux+ or equivalent
Clearance: Active DoD Secret required with ability to upgrade to Top Secret clearance preferred.