This role is based at our client location in Gaithersburg, MD and will report to the Senior Manager of Revenue Assurance.
- Prepare recurring and period-end journal entries and revenue analysis.
- Prepare asset and liability balance sheet reconciliations and roll-forward schedules, to include recommending and preparing adjusting journal entries.
- Provide monthly variance explanations for respective business areas
- Ensure that contractual orders and backlog is properly computed and reported.
- Review and support all revenue recognition disclosures in all SEC filings.
- Interface with internal and external auditors on revenue related issues.
- Responsible for overseeing and maintaining appropriate documentation and identification of the Company's SOX key processes and controls as it relates to revenue recognition.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 2-4 years of related accounting experience including significant exposure to revenue recognition issues – predominately at large, multi-national public companies
- 2-4 years prior experience working with large, global ERP systems (Oracle or SAP); Hyperion Financial Management and Hyperion Planning
- CPA – Active
- Masters' Degree in Accounting
- 1+ years public accounting, Big Four
- High emotional IQ – very strong communication and influencing skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively across multiple functional and business groups
- A successful track record in getting to the right accounting position
- A proven ability to be decisive, resolve issues and deliver on commitments and deadlines
- Superior organization and prioritization skills
- Proven self-starter that doesn't need much guidance to get projects done in an excellent manner
- Superior writing, Excel modeling, and PowerPoint presentation skills