Haysatckllc is seeking a Contractor – Data Center Technician to work as part of the overall operations team responsible for providing day-to-day technical and operational support at our client site located in Germantown, MD. This position will work closely with the onsite Technical Support and Engineering teams, Engineering, the Network Management Center, and all customer engineers and management.
- Work in one of the most complex communications networks and as a member of the team will be responsible for 99.99% system uptime with zero defects.
- Involved with system-monitoring, routine preventive maintenance, customer problem tracking, and network problem resolution in all aspects of networking integral to client Baseband, IF, and RF Communications and the related backend systems.
- Responsible for System Administration, Network Monitoring and Management, new build-outs, changes to existing networks, and maintenance of the IP and system infrastructure.
- Identify root causes on technical problems and develop procedural and technical recommendations for improvement.
- Plan and coordinate implementation of new products into the production environment.
- Monitor specific system limitations to maximize capacity and efficiency. Perform equipment level capacity planning and network performance activities.
- Maintain equipment inventory and configuration management records, including software releases, patches, and hardware changes.
- Ensure compliance with applicable Data Center Standards, Service Management Quality Program, and ITIL standards.
- Must have the ability to work and manage in a 24 x 7 x 365 schedule to include on-call
- Associates degree, electronics school certification, or equivalent military training and experience.
- 3 or more years' experience with LAN/WAN industry standards, and working knowledge of TCP/IP and Ethernet configuration and functionality
- 2 or more years working knowledge of Unix/Linux systems
- Industry certifications are a plus (Microsoft, Linux, VMware, Cisco)
- Ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines, and work well under pressure.
- Basic electronics troubleshooting skills desirable (ability to use and interpret readings from a range of test equipment including spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, protocol analyzer, power meter, Fiber test sets, etc.).
- Candidates must have excellent problem-solving, customer relations, and written and oral communication skills.
- Candidates must be highly self-motivated and independent, and comfortable working with others in a distributed environment