The Database Developer / Analyst must have experience with marketing and development of marketing databases.
This person must be a highly organized individual who can work closely with key stakeholders to understand marketing data, reporting needs, business objectives and challenges. The role is to meet increasing analytic requirements and to improve efficiency and accuracy. This position will be located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD.
- Use project management skills to design and build a marketing system automation roadmap.
- Integrate multiple marketing data sources into a customized data mart and design an efficient data architect to meet increasing business demand
- Prepare functional and technical documentation for new or enhancement projects.
- Analyze, design and develop an efficient data framework and architecture to enable automation and blending of multiple data sources which the analytics team will leverage for its reporting/insight needs
- Develop customized SQL queries for database solutions and ad hoc business requests.
- Find solutions to automate many of the current fragmented reports and/or processes, and will design and build relevant reports, dashboards and templates for the marketing team and key stakeholders.
- Create, maintain and deliver dashboards and reports for key stakeholders.
- Create/maintain an internal self-service portal used by the marketing team to disseminate insights and knowledge.
- Facilitate communication between various stakeholders and IT.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of marketing channels and analytic requirements.
- Manage and maintain data transfer processes between the client and multiple vendors to support the marketing targeting requirements, analytic data requirements and new model development.
- Perform data quality audits, identify data collection issues and gaps and recommend fixes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Data Analytics or related field
- 2 years of experience in database and report development
- 2 years of expertise in Crystal Reports, Tableau, Oracle, SQL, MS Word, MS Excel
- 2 years of experience with relational database concepts and strong SQL coding skills
- 2 years of experience in SAP Business Objects, R, Python and/or mapping tools a plus
- Understanding of data warehouse concepts, schema concepts and multi-dimensional models for development of query and analysis requirements
- High level of interest in Marketing