The Help Desk Technician (Client Support Administrator) position is responsible for answering calls, logging the calls in the ticketing system, and providing the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) customers with rapid and accurate answers and information in a Tier 1 Service Desk environment at Kirtland AFB, Albuquerque, NM.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answer user calls to provide general user support related to their IT equipment or other needs.
- Creates, updates and closes out help desk tickets
- Works with other Tier 1 Support staff to ensure proper hand-off of tickets for prompt resolution
- Maintains required documentation of Tier 1 processes and SOPs
- Assist customers in troubleshooting and resolving problems
- Provide customer support as per the Service Level Agreements in place with the customer.
- Interface well with customers at various levels of seniority in a variety of different fields.
- May direct the activities of other team members.
- Experience or combination of education and experience in Information Technology at the necessary level for troubleshooting Tier 1 issues
- Familiarity with Windows Operating system and Outlook email
- Desktop hardware and software troubleshooting
- Support for Microsoft Office product suites
- Printer installation and configuration
- Mobile device support to include cellular devices such as iPhone and Blackberry
- Install applicable security patches or configurations as required
- Familiarity with creating/updating Remedy tickets is preferred
- Cyber Liaison Support experience preferred
- Maintenance of DD 2875 and other required documents to support user and computer account creation and maintenance preferred
- Computer imaging with Air Force Standard Desktop Configuration experience preferred
- Prior experience in a government consulting services environment is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptive to a diverse environments and work collaboratively in a dynamic team setting.
- Refined critical thinking skills; should be a self-starter; diplomatic, dependable, and reliable.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II compliant certification such as Security+CE or equivalent required
- Active Secret clearance is required