Haystackllc has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Level Digital Design Engineer to join our Hardware Engineering team. This position will be located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD.
Our client we are developing some of the largest and most powerful satellite and terrestrial IP-based communications systems in the world. Our ground segment group in Germantown, Maryland has the need for hardware engineering professionals to help us achieve our vision of providing broadband connectivity everywhere. As a Principal Hardware Engineer, your role is to bring best-in-class solutions to our satellite communications products and high-throughput ground network systems.
- Design and develop innovative hardware solutions for satellite and terrestrial IP-based communications systems in the areas of circuit board, digital communications, and packaging design
- Participate in a multi-functional engineering team environment to develop and integrate hardware, software, and network technology for products and systems
- Analyze customer needs and establish product objectives, specifications, and technical solutions to ensure products satisfy customer requirements and deliverables
- Contribute to all aspects of the product life cycle (concept, development, integration, qualification, acceptance, delivery, and maintenance)
- Work effectively across multiple corporate functions including business groups, Engineering, manufacturing, and field support
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineer, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- 8+ years of experience
- 5+ years of experience in any of the following: Digital/Analog circuit design, Digital Signal Processing, or Communications Theory
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineer, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- Knowledge of System Integrity & Power Integrity analysis
- Knowledge of Micro-controller coding
- Knowledge in Electronics Packaging