Haystackllc is seeking a Senior Principal Engineering candidate for firmware and software development of satellite communications and digital signal processing products to work out of our Germantown, Maryland office. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of TDM and TDMA modulator and demodulator design and development. This includes, but is not limited to, conception of new product development design, requirements definition, system design, signal processing algorithm development, high and low level implementation design, hardware and software subsystem integration, performance verification, and factory coordination activities required for product introduction. The candidate must be capable of leading technical projects and managing development teams. The candidate will be responsible for planning, scheduling, budgeting and project coordination as well as leading design reviews and management presentations.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in digital communications and digital signal processing.
- Proven track record of communication subsystems product development and team management skills in a leadership role, with at least 10 years of related experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in the design of satellite communication or wireless modulators, demodulators, and FEC decoders.
- 10+ years’ experience in life cycle development of FPGA based firmware subsystems.
- Experience with hardware subsystems and high speed interfaces, knowledge of communication protocols and standards, e.g., PCIe, Interlaken, AXI and DVB-S2X, System Verilog and High Level Synthesis, embedded software, and UVM verification.