Haystackllc has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager ECAD/MCAD. This position will be located at our headquarters in Germantown, MD.
- Technical Line Management of Electrical & Mechanical CAD team members
- Ownership & Advancement of CAD development processes, toolsets, design techniques, & fabrication techniques.
- Design of the next generation Satellite Communication circuit boards (PCB, PWB, ECAD) for Hughes.
- Generate detailed documentation of complex printed circuit boards conforming to applicable IPC standards.
- Work with engineers and factory teams to optimize layouts for performance, costs, and manufacturability.
- Complete placement and layout of PCB designs using Cadence Allegro PCB Editor v16.x-17.2, utilizing Constraint Manager to meet performance needs.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of industry guidelines for signal integrity, reliability, and manufacturability per IPC standards.
- Provide layout assistance to PCB Designer staff.
- Interface with PCB vendors to resolve technical issues.
- Set schedule milestones in conjunction with development teams.
- Participate in and conduct design reviews related to circuit boards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of PCB design & layout experience.
- 5+ years of Technical Management relating to PCB design.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Experience with high density layout, multilayer boards, controlled impedance traces, high speed digital, FPGA/ASIC/BGA fanout, RF transmission lines, etched antennas, grounding techniques, power supplies, etc.
- IPC Certification of CID/CID+
- PCB design implementation experience with signal integrity and power integrity solutions.
- Technical understanding of printed circuit board manufacturing fabrication process and board assembly process.