- Technical analysis in data center network planning, engineering, and design.
- Analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to network problems.
- Technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexes, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Coordinates third-party maintenance for network equipment and troubleshoots problems with department users and department network administrators.
- Evaluates potential networking products, technical solutions, and capacity requirements to meet business needs.
- Validate enterprise-level network design, newly released equipment software and operating system for vulnerabilities and deficiencies. Makes changes to mitigate the risk.
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Reviews the customer’s network looking for opportunities to enhance network functionality, performance, and reliability by utilizing the proven industry best-practices and architectures.
- Specifications and detail schematics for unified network architecture of the enterprise.
- Analyze current networking device configurations and determine implementation requirements.
- Develops implementation strategies, plans, and processes for a nationwide rollout/upgrade of the network equipment.
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for administering the monitoring and performance measurement system.
- Upgrade configuration of existing networking equipment to support new features and functions.
- Daily monitoring/detection of potential performance/throughput issue and develop risk mitigation solutions.
- Configure and maintain Virtual Private Network (VPN), Network Admission Control (NAC), Cisco Identity Service Engine (Client), Cisco NEXUS, Cisco ASR.
- Guidance for team members and provide status metrics to Government customer and Prime Team management.
- Third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems.
- Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support
- CISCO Certified Network Engineers must possess a CISCO CCIE or equivalent level of CISCO Certification
- Possess a second CCIE or CCDE credential
- Knowledge of Local Area Network technologies such as Ethernet, wireless LAN as well as the physical media and equipment associated with each
Education and relevant years of Network Engineering experience:
Five (5) years of engineering complex network systems in addition to the following education requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree with an additional fourteen (14) years
- Master’s Degree with an additional twelve (12) years
- PhD with an additional nine (9) years
- Hands-on experience with Cisco NXOS
- CISCO networks
- Knowledge of Wide Area Network technologies
- Understanding of network connectivity for physical and virtualized servers and Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Knowledge of IP routing protocols and implementations
- Understanding and experience with public and private cloud networking services